IMO Level 1 / First Responders
First Level of Response
This course is designed for all technicians or supervisors who will participate in oil spill response teams or manage logistics and waste disposal in the field. In addition this course will provide an in-depth introduction to oil spill response.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the weathering process of oil in the marine environment, be able to implement an efficient shoreline clean-up utilising different response techniques, selecting appropriate equipment and managing spill response teams on-site.
- Site and Risk assessments
- Health and Safety
- Selecting the most appropriate response equipment
- Selecting and implementing clean-up strategies
- Environmental issues in spill response
- Waste disposal
- Managing spill response teams
- Dealing with the media
- Record keeping
- Practical exercises and demonstrations
- Theoretical exercises
Pre Course Requirement
It would be an advantage for delegates to have some knowledge or prior study of oil spill response issues and techniques.